Search Engine Optimization
With more than 14 billion internet users per month and emergence of social media sites, there is an unlimited opportunity for growing the customers of a business. To avail this opportunity, it is very important to rank high in the search engine results. Ensure that the visitors come back to visit your website thus increasing you leads and sales.
Search engine optimization is the process of improving the traffic of the website or web page in a search engine through natural or unpaid search results. There are some other types of search engine marketing target paid listings. Generally the more or earlier the website appears in the search result lists, the more visitors it will get.
As an internet marketing strategy, SEO always consider how search engines work and what kind of material people search for on the websites. Website can be optimized in various ways including
- Editing the content of the website
- Editing of HTML coding
- Inclusion of relevant keywords
- Removing barriers to indexing activities
- Promotion of the website to increase the number of back links
- Promotion of inbound links
- Preventing crawling
- Google SEO
These all are various tactics used in SEO. The acronym SEO refers to “search engine optimizer”. It is a term adopted by the industry consultants who carry out the optimization of the projects on their client’s behalf or for the employees performing the SEO services in house. These optimizers either offer stand alone services or through the broader marketing campaigns. As effective SEO tactics require the modifications in the HTML source code or in the site content thus SEO tactics can be used in the web site development and design. Many know this term by search engine friendly which is used to describe the website designs, menus, content, management system, images, videos, shopping carts and some other elements; that have been optimized for the purpose of exposure of search engine.
There is another technique known as black hat SEO or spamdexing and uses methods such as keyword stuffing, link farms and article spinning; these methods degrade both the relevance of search results and user experience of search results. Search engines looks for sites employing these techniques thus to remove them from their indices.
SEO may be used to generate Return on Investment. Search engines are not paid for organic search traffic; their algorithms can change and there is no guarantee for their continuous referrals. Thus due to this lack of assurance, businesses that rely heavily on the traffic from the search engines, can suffer losses if search engines stop sending visitors.
There are many things that should be avoided in SEO some of which are described below:
- Do not hide text from search engines. Hiding keywords on your web pages is not a good tactic for improving your SEO.
- Do not wait for very long time to implement SEO; it should be the part of discussion from day one.
- Do not waste your time in submitting your URL to search engines, search engine submission died a few years ago.
- Do not have a same title element on every page. It is pre requisite to avoiding duplicate content issues and Google’s supplemental index.
- The vendors for SEO implementation should be selected with care to avoid any fraud.
- Avoid sharing your content at several domains because having data at several places might be risky and don’t opt for multiple domains listed in SERP’s.
We will be glad to do optimize your website for you. Contact us.